After what has been a difficult year across the world, 2020 is drawing to a close.
There are around 12 working days left before Christmas and employers should be thinking about how to effectively balance maximum productivity with employee well-being in the run up to Christmas and over the festive season if you remain open.
Covid mixed with the usual Christmas overwhelm will impact many employees. It is important to keep in mind that some employees could be struggling this year with the impacts of Covid; this could be financial difficulties, fatigue, separation from families and a general impact on mental health (and we also can’t forget that many employers are feeling the strain too this time of year).
Here are 12 things that you can do to end the year on a high and keep motivation and productivity levels constant:
- Make sure workloads remain manageable and expectations are not unreasonably increased
- Set short SMART goals for the next couple of weeks
- Monitor quality to ensure employees aren’t just rushing to get things done
- Ensure annual leave over this period is allocated fairly amongst the team
- Consider flexible working arrangements to provide time to prepare for Christmas
- Check in with your employees to see how they are going
- Have fun in this period; some festive food, silly dress up and decorations
- Let your employees know they are valued, say ‘thank you’
- Implement some fun end of year awards
- Finish up early on Christmas Eve, if you can
- If pay day is close to Christmas, consider paying a day or so earlier
- Have an end of year meeting to set goals for the New Year!
We hope these small things can make a difference to the next few days and help alleviate any stresses.
If as an employer you are struggling over this Christmas period and need some advice please get in touch with us here at Integrated Human Resources. We will remain on standby to support you if needed.
As human resource specialists, we will work closely with your business to understand your needs and to ensure ongoing business success.
Integrated Human Resourcing is an outsourced HR firm based in Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast. If you would like to know more, call us 5613 1846 / firstname.lastname@example.org